At FCDC we take our diving seriously, and our athlete’s safety seriously.
Ontario is a national leader in concussion management and prevention. Rowan’s Law (Concussion Safety) makes it mandatory for sports organizations to:
- Ensure that athletes, parents of athletes under 18, coaches and officials confirm every year that they have reviewed Ontario’s concussion awareness resources
- Establish a removal-from-sport and return-to-sport protocol
- Establish a concussion code of conduct that sets out rules of behaviour to support concussion prevention
To review age specific concussion awareness information, please click on the appropriate link below
- Rowans law – booklet ages 10 and under
- Rowans law – booklet ages 11 to 14
- Rowans law – booklet ages 15 and up
To review Diving Canada’s concussion protocols click here
FCDC follows Diving Canada’s (DPC) policy outlined above.
More in formation on Rowan’s Law and concussion safety can be found on the Ministry website – here